Looking forward to June with the news that Pete Molinari’s new album ‘Theosophy’ will be released on Cherry Red Records on the 2nd – prior to this there is a limited edition 7″ vinyl exclusive Record Store Day single.
The new album features guest appearances by Dan Auerbach & Barrie Cadogan and includes production and mixes by Andrew Weatherall & Tchad Blake. You can pre-order the new album on CD now.
More Pete Molinari on Beat Surrender
Homepage / Facebook / Twitter
The What’s Kickin’ series of CD’s reached number five last year and the quintet are all in my collection, they are wonderful representation of the music collectively called Americana and the eclectic compilations feature music performed by artists associated with the What’s Kickin’ club nights that have been at the forefront of the UK roots music scene in London for a number of years, the CD’s were produced to act as an companion to the live show that have now being re-established at The Crown in Leytonstone, not only are there some great tracks (often exclusives) from familiar and favorite artists but also some fantastic below-the-radar ones too which always get me digging around to find out more and invariably making a purchase or three.
The events themselves have established a reputation for hosting early gigs for a number of well-known acts including Pete Molinari, Damien Jurado, Southern Tenant Folk Union, Smoke Fairies, The Broken Family Band, John Murray and She Keeps Bees as well as a number of Beat Surrender favourites including The Lucky Strikes, Cusack, Leeroy Stagger, Redlands Palomino Co, Cam Penner, Old Lost John and Quiet Loner amongst others.
Volume 5 of the series has being re-launched to coincide with the return of What’s Cookin’ to the London music scene and acts as a great introduction to what you can expect at the live shows and will open-the-door to some great new music for the discerning listener.
1. Phillious Williams – Old Black Bell
2. Society – Fools End
3. Benjamin Folke Thomas – Another Day Of Being Lonesome (Another Day Of Being Blue)
03 Another Day Of Being Lonesome (Another Day Of Being Blue)
4. The Singing Adams – Brothers And Sisters
5. Treetop Flyers – Long Cold Winter
6. Hightown Crows – Stumbledown Stairs
7. Charlie Parr – Mastodon
8. Yngve & The Innocent – Pretending I Had Faith
9. Darrell Bath – Clinging On
10. The Nightingales – Ghost
11. Molly’s Daggers – Turn To Stone
11 Molly’s Daggers
12. Cowbell – All In Good Time
13. Lucas Renney – She Gives Me The Chills
14. Ian Thomas – Before The Sun Goes Down
15. The Whispering Pines – The Branches!
16. Lowlands – Gotta Be (Something Out There)
17. Otis Gibbs – Cross Country
18. The Lucky Strikes – Blood On The Estuary
19. Los Chicos – What’s Cookin’
Buy at Amazon
Not mentioned the man for a while, but he’s on the road in the UK this month
11 November ~ Selby Town Hall
16 November ~ Fibbers, York
17 November ~ Hebden Bridge Trades Club
18 November ~ The Mick Jagger Centre, Dartford
26 November ~ The Cluny, Newcastle
27 November ~ The Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh